Sunday, January 30, 2011

Vintage photos of Crucible Mine and the Crucible Ferry!!!



Just got these from my good bud,Ed Begovich (long time SWPARE supporter!)More treasures from the Begovich archive! These beatuiful shots of the Crucible Mine and ferryboat Nekoda were taken by his Grandpap Frank Begovich.I estimate these from the mid to late 1940's judging from the cars.Ed says he has more on the way,so keep checking back!!
One bummer,though.Ed's Dad actually witnessed the scrapping of the Nekoda (and may have pics to prove it)So.looks like I'll need to find a new mystery!! Oh,well...enjoy these awesome pics....more soon.Thanks,Ed...again!!

3 comments:

  1. Where could I find more information about Crucible, Pa ? I'm interested in the workers/families circa 1922 - 1930

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandfather, John L Yarish, was a 50-yr miner at this Mine! 50 years!! He lived in Crucible with this wife, Helen (nee Lescar), and was buried in Crucible, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Grandfather, John L Yarish, was a 50-yr miner at this Mine! 50 years!! He lived in Crucible with this wife, Helen (nee Lescar), and was buried in Crucible, also.

    ReplyDelete