The Allison #1 Mine & Coke Works began operation circa 1904. Built by the W.J. Rainey Coke Company, there were approximitely 400-500 coke ovens. The Allison #2 ovens were built circa 1905 by the same company and had at its maximum 150-200 operating coke ovens. At its peak the Allison Coke Works had about 550-700 rectangular coke ovens in production. In the mid-1950s the Allison Mine & Coke Works were operated by the Emerald Coal & Coke Company.
|Older picture of the coke ovens|
|View of the tipple from the ovens|
|View of the tipple from the slate dump|